This is an idea I’ve stolen from the excellent Monevator site. The idea is to highlight some of the more interesting things I’ve seen during the week on the off-chance that you’ll find them interesting and/or useful too.
- Morningstar’s guide to financial education – A week-long series of articles from the good people at Morningstar
- Top 20 dividend-paying stocks – Another one from Morningstar, and a pretty good list of stocks too if I do say so myself
- Avoiding failure is a key to long-term success – Richard Beddard (of Interactive Investor) reaches 5 years with his Share Sleuth portfolio. Includes snazzy infographic
- Don’t discount the food retailers – An excellent and more positive review of Tesco and the other major supermarkets from Simon Gergel of Allianz Global Investors
- How investors ignored the warning signs at Tesco – Another point of view from Terry Smith of Fundsmith
- Know thyself, your traits are important – A good article and short videos from Barclays Wealth on the importance of knowing how you’ll respond to bad news before it happens so that you can design your portfolio accordingly
- The poor performance record of actively managed funds – Another article in a series around Sensible Investing’s new video series on the joys of passive investing and the perils of active investing.
Disclosure – Tesco is a holding in both my personal portfolio and the UKVI defensive value model portfolio