Another week flies by, Scotland remains part of the UK and the FTSE 100 still hasn’t really gone anywhere so far this year. As if that wasn’t enough, here’s a list of some things I read/watched/did in the last seven days.
- Supermarket price war deja vu? – Yet another view on the UK supermarket scene, this time from the value team at Schroders
- Mello 2014 – A three-day event aimed at “the serious long-term investor seeking less speculation and more security often in dividend paying companies”
- What is free cash flow yield? – Another handy video introducing some useful-to-know topics from Killik & Co
- Choosing an investment strategy that suits – Interactive Investor’s Richard Beddard points out why it’s important to use a strategy that you can stick with over the long term
- List of shares sold from the UKVI model portfolio – I’ve updated the performance page with a handy list of links to writeups of all past investments
- Shareholder rights campaign launch event – ShareSoc are launching this campaign on the 14th of October. Speakers will include John Kay and (Lord) John Lee